Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bottles and Birds

Hello...

I'm so excited to be participating in the swap!


I really "fell" into vintage when my fiancee and I moved into our house a couple of years ago...

The house's previous owner was a little old lady from Cambridge, Massachusetts who used this house (we live on the coast of Maine) as a Summer place.

She left behind a whole attic full of great stuff... rocking chairs and end tables and gilt mirrors...


...and these old bottles and glass knick-knacks and this bird tin.





































I keep the bottles on my kitchen windowsills and I use the bird tin for (what else?) bird food for our finches.

We are very happy here and feel like we have our very own personal flea market but of course I love to rummage in places besides my home, too.

Looking forward to the swap!

XO,

Rhea
( the AlewivesGirl)

PS
I am really enjoying seeing everyone else's vintage finds!

3 comments:

  1. now that's serendipity - you move into a lovely place, and find lovely treasure! The blue tin with the birds is relaly lovely - what do you keep in it? nice to meet you btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great story. What amazing treasure you found and how wonderful to be able to rescue it from the attic to return it to its former glory. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there you , love your collection
    let's hope this is a start for a nice friendship

    ReplyDelete