Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello

Hello all! Apologies for my late introduction, and complete lack of wonderful vintage photos. You have all been sharing so much goodness. Thank you!

Living so far out of town, raising little ones, and now homeschooling, I do not get around to thrifting or antique shops anywhere near as much as I did when I was younger. But that has changed a bit lately. I have an extreme passion for antique furniture, vintage linens, all the good old traditional stuff. The girls and I visited our wonderful little antique mall the other day. I was so excited to see many furniture pieces similar to the ones I grew up with. And you should have heard all the ooh's and ahhh's from my girls! They loved it there just as much as I did.

I am without a camera for the next week or so, but after that I am looking forward to photographing some of the little treasures I have around my home. In the meantime here is just one photo of a very old quilt that I believe was made by my grandmother. (Can't be sure, she died when I was 2, I could ask my dad, but I'm not so sure that he would know...) Not in the greatest condition, but oh how I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! Your quilt is beautiful. The 'log cabin' quilt is my favorie to make. Camille

    ReplyDelete