Friday, September 11, 2009

I can't wait...

...to be a part of this! I've never been involved in a swap before, but this one seemed perfect. Vintage "stuff", making new friends, getting fun mail, all of them good things, and certainley something to look forward to. I have taken on alot in my life in the last two months( new job, going back to school after 18 years), and to be honest, I am feeling (quite) a bit overwhelmed. I know that they say its a good thing to get out of your comfort zone, but right now mine's so far behind me I can't even see it blue and dim on the horizon. Doing something like this will help keep me "grounded", help to remind me that just because I am adding more to my life, dosen't mean that I lose or discard what I have. There will, admittedly, be less "making" in the next few months, but it will be there waiting for me when I can give it my time.
However, I do have many treasures I've gotten over the years, things I just "couldn't leave" at the thrift store, rummage sale, or that people have dropped off, knowing that I could find a use for. Especially vintage tablecloths( I just made the greatest apron from one), wire-bale mason jars( great for storing things), lots of wonderful wool yarn, fabrics, and vintage books, both children's and adults. These are some of my favorite things, especially when they are only .10 to .25 at the thrift! Also blank cards, and who knows what else. Thats part of the suprise. I'll try to get a picture or two posted, but it might take awhile.
So, thanks to Heather for hosting this! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

xo...Tracee Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment