Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lily Boot - creating a love-filled, whimsical life and home for my family, whilst learning to tread more gently upon our generous planet. Whilst I have treasured my family's hand-me-downs since I was a little girl, and have always loved giving new life to old furniture and kitchenware in our home, it has only been since starting my blog and finding such marvellously creative and resourceful women that I have come to appreciate the loveliness of thrifted and vintage textiles.

They add such quirkiness and warmth to our home - they are gentle on the pocket, reduce our "consumerism", and honour the value, time and skill previous generations have invested.

I am excited to be part of this swap - it's always lovely to give and receive handmade goodies - but I am also looking forward to meeting so many new people and having the opportunity to glimpse their everyday lives and how they incorporate vintage into their art and homes. What fun! :-) p.s. you can find me at www.blockaday.com

6 comments:

  1. your blog is a gem
    and I love all your creations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Block a Day is my favorite blog, hands down. It is both beautiful and thoughtful, and I wait anxiously for each new post.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily! Your blog is just lovely, glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shot of the doilies with the french knots and white work embroidery. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those doily pieces are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "They add such quirkiness and warmth to our home - they are gentle on the pocket, reduce our "consumerism", and honour the value, time and skill previous generations have invested."

    Very well put! my thoughts exactly. thank-you

    ReplyDelete