Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A New Convert


Hey there everybody! I'm Meryl--nice to meet you!

I actually wasn't much into thrifting and flea marketing until not very long ago. I associated it with having too much stuff--piles of dishes that get moved from cabinet to cabinet but never used, silly knickknacks that only would increase the time it takes to clean my house, etc. But then I started using handkerchiefs instead of Kleenexes, and wouldn't you know it, our local flea market has some beautiful, inexpensive hankies.

Once I was in the door, I discovered my real passion--old jars! They're so pretty, and completely useful for stashing away knitting needles and thread and you name it.

And then, of course, there's the booth that sells old knitting needles and yarn...who doesn't need more of that, right?

As you can see, I've pretty much been converted!

5 comments:

  1. I love finding knitting supplies in the thrift store. I scored my first set of double pointed needles and lots of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with you on the pretty handkerchiefs! We too have recently made the conversion (and I might add, my hay fever has almost disappeared - go figure!) and they are such a lovely thing to collect - my favourite are cream linen with crocheted edging. Lovely to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What perfect things to collect -- pretty AND useful. My favorites too! (especially the vintage knitting things -- I work in a store which sometimes receives donations of very vintage patterns. Those are the best days)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meryl,

    Wow! The color of that jar is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen one quite that color. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete