Sunday, September 20, 2009

Red Birds on a Branch: Needlepoint


This is a sweet (or should I say 'tweet- hahahaha) needlepoint I unearthed while cleaning out my sewing space today. I found it at a thrift store a few years back and put it aside while I waited to be inspired to make something wonderful with/out of it. I'm still waiting for that inspiration.
Often when I come across such handmade beauty I feel sad that someone cast it off but also I feel fortunate that I found it. It will have a new life in my home or maybe yours. Any imaginative ideas of what it could become besides a purse or pillow?

2 comments:

  1. I actually have the same exact needlepoint! I found it in the free pile at a church rummage sale. It was attached to a ratty pillow, but I have since rescued it and given it a proper home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it soft enough to use as a pocket or patch on a denim dress?

    ReplyDelete