Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Second Grateful Participant







Hello New Friends

I'm so very excited to be a part of this swap. I feel like just having joined it, things have picked up a little in my life.

I've been a second hand junkie for as long as I can remember. My first garage sale purchase was when I was about 7 years old - 10 cents bought me a stroller for my Cabbage Patch Kid - I was hooked! Not to forget my biggest cultural influence when I was growing up - the John Hughes film Pretty in Pink, I was off and running buying second hand and making it new.

Although my creative, crafty, sewing side took a big hit after high school, I'm so glad to have recently reconnected with that from the birth of my son (now 2 1/2), the nesting that has come along with that and best of all, the blog community that has laid a beautiful path for me and so many others to discover.

My absolute favourite finds are clothes, especially unique dresses, blouses and skirts, anything and everything for my kitchen where I spend most of my time especially - pyrex, tupperware, and anything for tea are hardest to resist, furniture and artwork.

I'm starting to dabble more confidently into purchasing linens and fabric and am really pleased with how well they compliment my home and my style.

I'm loving all the blogs and getting to know people discovering more and more (sitting on the computer waaay tooo long!) I am so very very very very excited to meet my partner! Please Heather hurry up! No really, but yes really, but really, thank you Heather. I'm looking forward to this little adventure.

Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne, wonderful post and lot's of cool vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Lovely to meet you! That harlequin painting and the patina on the teapot are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely style. warm regards, lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne,

    What great photos and a fun story too. I will look forward to your posts on flickr. Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete