Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vintage Inspiration: Goldenrod



So lately all I can think about is this saturated color on the last wildflowers of summer/early fall. I stopped by my favorite vintage stash-- a senior center room with lots of old ladies quilting-- to pick up some fabrics in those shades.  I am envisioning little girl skirts, mama headbands and a bag or two, plus some flowers thrown in.  So excited to join this swap and be inspired by others' creativity in found things.  I especially love the idea of using items touched by many women, and making them beautiful and alive again. 

love,
gretchen www.mamaforpeace.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. This photo has me rummaging through my fabric stash looking for the same color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that top print is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics - I'm a big fan of muma handbands - I think I may have to make on this morning! Lovely to meet you - and lucky you, having such a good vintage "shop" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Breath taking really. So good to meet you. Enjoy the swap.

    ReplyDelete