Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vintage Tins and Cigar Boxes Make Me Giddy

Vintage tins and cigar boxes.
Is there a better way to store small notions than in vintage tins and gently worn cigar boxes?
I think not.
Marrying two of my favorite things makes me giddy.



Cigar boxes. Whether wooden or cardboard, I like them both.
One of the cigar boxes houses hexagons for my Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt which I will have finished by the time I have great-grandchildren.



Oh, my heart skips a little beat. Favorite tins in my favorite colors.



Some tins once housed sewing machine accessories, pencils, pipe tobacco, and even benzine for watermark detection on stamps. I wish ever day household items still came in tin containers.



A chest of drawers with tins and pins, waiting to be played with.
Have a super great Tuesday fellow Swappers.
Your friend, Camille in Midvale Utah.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely way to store things!

    http://www.unplggd.com/unplggd/final-frame/final-frame-courier-096459

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr...left the wrong link in comment above!! Sorry!

    http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my current addiction too. i should send some your way though because a thrift store near me almost always has 4 or 5 i have to buy because they are just too pretty to leave behind.

    ReplyDelete