Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flea Market Finds from the Weekend!





What a lovely start to the new week I had. On Sunday I spent the entire day at the Alameda Flea Market shopping with my mom. It was the best ever! My husband and father both roll their eyes at the thought of flea marketing for 6 plus hours, to me it is heaven! My mom and I both found lots of little treasures. I found these three old quilts, all for a great bargain. I also got two new dining room chairs which you will see when I finish my dining room project. I even picked up a few things for my Vintage Swap partner. I have never shopped with an eye towards finding quilts before. There were so many amazing ones! I found a World War Two signature quilt in nearly perfect condition. It was absolutely gorgeous, but at $250, out of my price range, unfortunately. I have to say, to all of you quilters out there, I am in awe. I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of time and patience it takes to make one of these beauties. What a treasure for your families! My family will have to settle for someone else's work. I know I don't have the right personality for quilting, but oh how I wish I did!


7 comments:

  1. Incredible! There is a vintage linen wash that you can find online or at a local quilt shop that would make them shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Cathedral Window quilt that my grandmother made for me. She made one for each of her children (6) and grandchildren (9). She taught me how, but I forgot. My elder daughter loves to look at all the scraps she used and how she put them together (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are just beautiful! I can never seem to find any quilts at reasonable prices. I realize they are totally worth all the handwork, but just not in my budget! Congrats!

    http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That windowpane quilt you found is exquisite! My grandmother made me a little pillow in that style which I still treasure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are amazing! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete